So I decided to make him a little bag for him to put all the toys in. I knew it had to be durable (not rip or tear when toys went in, and also withstand a 3 year old's bashing it around), it had to be something he could open and close on his own and it had to be big enough to hold the toys but not too big that it would drag on the ground.
And I came up with the Thingy Bag! A cotton drawstring bag with another layer inside for lining that was both function and cute.
And being cotton, it can easily be put in the washing machine and hung to dry.
As he got older, he found lots of new uses for his bag. He brought it to school to show his news to his classmates, it's the perfect size for lego and marbles... it really is perfect for all of your child's 'things'. Over the years, I have made and sold hundreds of these bags and I've heard of all sorts of interesting uses for them. Loom bands, gift bags, overnight bag for toiletries and endless other suggestions.
Thingy Bags measure 7 inches across by 11 inches down (28 cm x 18 cm) and I make them in a variety of colours and designs which you can find on my Etsy shop here. Or you can check them out on my facebook page here.
Thingy Bags measure 7 inches across by 11 inches down (28 cm x 18 cm) and I make them in a variety of colours and designs which you can find on my Etsy shop here. Or you can check them out on my facebook page here.




No comments:
Post a Comment